I am so excited for the Sephora VIB and beauty insider sales! I have teamed up with some other amazing beauty bloggers to give you a fantastic list of beauty buys that you must get during the Sephora VIB sale!
. . .
The sale runs from November 3-6 and again 10-15th, so there is plenty of time to get some great stuff! If you are anything like me, then you spend some big bucks at Sephora!
If you haven’t already you should defiantly sign up for to be a beauty insider, which is free, and is fantastic, when you rack-up points you get free gifts with purchase and a free gift on your birthday. If you spend $350 within the year, you get to VIB status and if you spend over $1000 you get Rouge status. I am not at Rouge status and most likely never will be, but VIB status is great during the sale, because you can get a 25% off, and if you are a beauty insider you can get 15% off!
Not sure what to buy? We have got you covered there! Here is my top ten faves that you should pick up with your 15% or 25% discounts!
- Urban Decay foundation:I absolutely love this foundation for summer, it is light weight, a little goes a long way and the color matching is on-point!
- Urban Decay eyeshadow primer: Hands down the best eyeshadow primer I have used!
- Too faced born this way foundation: The perfect fall/ extra coverage foundation! I am currently using this, as my face has broken out since being back in a school (stress!).
- Too faced bronzer: This stuff is my favorite bronzer ever, it smells amazing (chocolate) and it’s light-weight and stunning!
- Too faced better than sex mascara: There is no better mascara in my opinion! I have long-thick lashes and I have never loved another mascara like this!
- Becca highlighter: This stuff is gorgeous to wear! So shimmer, and I always get compliments!
- Benefit gimme brows: I have super light brows so this stuff is fantastic! I love it, my eye brows look great and natural!
- Bumox plumping lip gloss: I have such little lips, and I am telling you this stuff rocks!
- Mac lipstick: Mac lipstick is fantastic, but so expensive so I would highly recommend using that discount to get some!
- Atelier Cologne: Honestly I have two of their perfumes and love them! Get any! They are pricy so I might get another with that sweet VIB discount!
Thank you so much for reading this blog! Check out these beautie’s picks as well:
Hello everyone and happy Wedding Wednesday!
I thought it would be fun to share a little bit of my wedding registry and to also share a little wedding registry guide!
. . .
Planning a wedding is stressful enough, although I do have to say it is not nearly as stressful as it is often portrayed in the media. So, it is no wonder that creating a wedding registry can be stressful for brides-to-be as well. When I first started my wedding registry, I was having so much fun, it is like online shopping without all of the guilt and questioning if a product is worth spending money on. However, the caveat to a wedding registry is that you should really keep your party guests in mind when registering.
10 quick-guide registry tips:
- Be guest-list friendly: Like I pointed out, it is important to keep your registry guest-list friendly. Hopefully, you know many of your guest and can gage their comfort level for spending. Everyone has different budgets, and keeping that in mind, your registry should have wide range of prices and products.
- Register for household gifts: I know many people who just want a “honey-fund” and trust me I am there with you, my fiancé and I have lived together and have acquired enough stuff for the both of us and then some. But, there are guest who truly want to get you something for your home, and it is just that simple. My remedy for this is to do both. We have a honey-fun set-up on our registry website and I have also registered for gifts. I had a few friends and family members express to me that they would much prefer to give gifts than money.
- Use a wedding registry website: If you are anything like me, then you love items from many stores, and online items are not always available in the stores. I created my registry online using the knot. Not only is it a great way to organize items from different stores and you can make a honey fund, but the knot also works with donating some of the profits that are purchased through their sites to charities! That is something I can always get behind.
- Register for quality items: Try to find good quality items that can last a long-time. Think how nice it would be to use china, bowls, towels, etc years from now that a loved one gave to you to celebrate your wedding!
- Register for things you wouldn’t buy yourself: If you already have a household of good durable items, then you should register for things that you would love to have, but couldn’t image buying yourself. I registered for some beautiful glasses, Anthropologie candles, plant holders, and some cute decrotive blankets (all things I would love to have but couldn’t justify spending money on).
- Register for items that are not on the average list: There are many things you could register for that you probably didn’t even think of, maybe a vacuum, rugs, back yard equipment, exercise equipment, cleaning products, storage baskets, etc. It doesn’t have to be all salad bowls, kitchen appliances, and fancy dishes.
- Register for experiences: Still not convinced that you should register for at least a few items? You can also register for experiences, the knot lets you create your own or add experiences to your registry. You can also let you guest know your favorite restaurants and ask for gift cards for dates!
- Have guest donate in your honor: I love the idea of having guest make donations in your honor rather than gifting you something. If you have family members that love giving and you want to do something special, this could be a great alternative!
- Ask guest to help with wedding expenses: I think this falls more in the realm of family. I have had a few family members ask what they should get us. I have even had family members offer to help with things as gifts. This is also a great option for those who really do not want gifts.
- Finding a balance: There isn’t an exact formula or calculation you can do to make sure you have registered for enough or too many gifts. You can look online, there are websites that can tell you based on guests how many to register for. But, like I said earlier if you know your guests then you can know how much. You can always add more items if your registry is “sold-out” closer to the wedding, but I recommend to not over do it. If you really have your heart set on certain things then really try to keep it closer to those items and not adding filler items.
Here is a sneak-peak at some of my Target registry:
1. Kitchen aid stand mixer ($529), 2. Bath mat ($13), 3. Set of 4 dinning table cloths ($12/$47), 5. Copper kitchen utensils holder ($25), 6. Bath towels ($9/ $54), 7. Bar cart ($113), 8. Cake stand with glass lid ($30), 9. Peach throw ($27).
There are a few other things I have registered from target like an iron, a duet cover, luggage, storage bins, home decor, and a plant pot. I have also registered for a few items at Antropologie. I think we are registered for about 45 items, with 80 guest, as well as a honey-fund. I will update this blog post when I get closer, and after to see if it was enough/ a good ratio!
. . .
Thank you for reading,
. . .
Favorite thanksgiving dish?
I know it’s everyone’s least favorite, but I love green-bean cassarole.
If you could spend fall anywhere, where would you choose?
Hometown or back east!
. . .
Thanks again for heading back to my blog. I recently took to my Instgram stories and asked who would be interested in seeing a wedding shopping haul, and majority said YES! I thought it would be fun to post on here some of the great deals and things I have gotten for my upcoming wedding! I have other things to update you with for my wedding as well. We have also booked a date, and a few other great things that I thought would be fun to share!
. . .
Choosing a date:
Picking a date was pretty easy! I knew for a long time, even before getting engaged, that I wanted to be married in 2018. While, that may sound silly, I had good reason. Jeff and I started dating on the 18th of January 2012, so 18 holds meaning for us. I was also really wanting to get married on the 18th in 2018, but there just wasn’t the right time! So we have chosen September 22nd 2018! I’m so excited for this date, it also happens to be the fall solstice, which means a fall wedding! Although, in California it is still very warm. We choose this date with the weather in mind! It will hopefully be not to hot not to cold, and there is only a less than 6% chance of rain during that time of year!
Booking a Venue:
We have also booked our venue! Which to me is the most stressful part of wedding planning! From having to decide how many guests will fit, the weather, is the date available the pricing, it just becomes overwhelming. Luckily, I was able to book in our local town’s park, which not only saves some money, but it was easy to book our date!
Choosing a Color Theme:
This was super easy, in fact I don’t have an exact color palette chosen, but my wedding colors are very earthy toned, which if you know me, I love grey’s, whites, and metals. I am going to be mixing copper and gold (wish me luck), with wood tones, greens, grays, and a blush! I think this is most brides colors trending this year, but Im okay with that!
Picking a Wedding Party:
We just sat down this weekend and finalized our wedding party picks! If you read my last post then you would know that when I was visiting my sister this summer I asked her to be my maid of honor! I have also purchased and made my “Will you be my bridesmaids boxes” but I won’t show them yet until I get the chance to
“pop” the question to them! And my fiancé has also picked his wedding party, which was so easy, he has been really relaxed about wedding planning, but it was so cute to see him get excited and he knew exactly who it would be, like he was thinking about it before I even asked (which is a major win for all brides right? ).
Creating a Wedding Website:
I have completed finished my wedding website, with the knot and I am waiting for my fiancé to move up to Northern California so we can take engagement pictures and then I will launch it publicly!
Creating a Wedding Registry:
I have also started our wedding registry, which I think I will do an entire blog on, with what I am registered for, tips, etc. Stay tuned!
Wedding Shopping Haul:
As promised, here is my mini wedding shopping haul! I will defiantly do an updated version as we get closer! I also do not have everything here, some things I purchased when I was in Utah visiting my family. I am also super lucky and will be able to borrow quite a few things from friends and family as well! As you saw in my “wedding Inspo” graphic, I like rustic and modern mixed together for my wedding! It is my dream to have hanging plants galore!
- Four crate boxes, if you can see them in the way back! They have calk boards on the fronts. I am going to use these for drinks. I am planning on having glass drink containers, and these will give them some height, plus I can write in calk what the drinks are. I am also possibly planning on using one for wedding favors, but thats sort of still in the air. I really would like to get everyone a small succulent, but I’m not sure if its in the budget.
- Three Wooden Serving Plates, from Walmart and target. I am planning to use these for desserts or for cheese platers.
- Metal drink tubs, I have 6 of these, and I also have 6 copper plastic ones I got from Walmart. I think we’ll use all of them. My mom got these as a surprise and didn’t know I had the others. But the more the merrier.
- Gold plastic silver wear, I know plastic is not so fancy, but no one has gold silverware to rent. I think it will look fine though!
- Plastic serving dishes. These will be used on the dessert and food tables. I am envisioning them with parchment paper, and I think it will look very elegant!
- Copper geometric string lights. These are beautiful! I may use them for the dessert table! I also have loose gold geometric shapes for the banquet table.
- Plant hoops. I DIY’ed these bad boys. I have seen them all over Pinterest! And I love them. They will be the back drop of our wedding ceremony! If you want a DIY how to, comment below!!
Not pictured here: Green garland from hobby lobby: we have about 4 that are 6ft each, I plan on thining them too. My plan is to have one long banquet table with green garland down the middle. The greenery look so real in real life, and we are going to buy some real fillers and white and blush flowers. I also mentioned that I had some geometric shapes which will be evenly dispersed throughout the tables. I also have gold serving trays, and the copper bins.
After I put everything away, I realized I missed these cute golden succulent shapes planters. I think these will be on the dessert table or something! I have four of them! I also am planning to use my house plants and incorporate them as well as buying many many more plants!
And, here’s a close up of the cutlery !
Thank you for reading this enormously long blog post! If you want to see some of my latest wedding inspiration, or other things Im obsessing over lately, check out My Pinterest page!